I created a heart shape from a circle, and found working with a grid view helpful. I made and rejected many versions of the ear illustration, some with brush strokes and shaded colors, before I settled on one. I'm still not sure it's instantly recognizable without a description.
Anyway, this became my template for logo versions to follow:

In the following versions I explored gradients and disected shapes. The star introduces another mantra of StoryCorps, that everyone not only matters, but is as important as a celebrity or superstar:

I liked this version the best, reminds me of a US postage stamp:
I originally used altered "people" symbols here, but after creating my illustration I replaced the symbols with the silhouette I created:

My ILLUSTRATION represents listening to one another, the symbols being the experiences and stories of which we are made:
.....which lead me to a completely different LOGO, and my favorite (maybe I'm tired of hearts + ears!).....
This too represents that everyone matters, and we are all bound together by shared humanity. We are our history, both individually and collectively.



No comments:
Post a Comment