Monday, February 25, 2008

If I Could Talk to the Animals…


I got both my cats from the shelter, one as a kitten, the other a little older, abandoned and starving. I would love to hear their stories. Hey, it’s not liked I haven’t asked….

For this assignment I used a lot of images, working with the extract filter, but mostly relying on the magnetic lasso and magic wand tools, adjusting for high contrast first. The original background image was obviously retouched for color, so I created an adjustment layer to neutralize it a bit, and still kept the storybook feel of the image. I experimented with many tools, adjustments, and filters to get the images of various sizes and tones to work better together. I created the sign from an existing image, substituting my own text and altering it with warp and shape options. A lot of detail for a small web image, but well worth it for the experimenting I was able to do.

Links to Original Images w/Photo Credits:
Background; StoryBooth; Duck; Big Dog; Cats; Lamb + Ewe; 2 Geese; Terrier; Sign

No comments: